St Bartholomew’s, Tong
Planning a Wedding
Requests for weddings should be addressed, in the first instance, to Wendy Aykroyd,
telephone 01952 291532 (10am to 2pm) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re welcome to marry in church whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are baptised and whether or not you go to church. And marrying in church has never been easier thanks to a change in the law which means you have more churches to choose from.
For such a special day, we offer a special place. All you need to help you plan a personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful church wedding can be found on our dedicated website: www.yourchurchwedding.org
- Frequently Asked Questions about marrying in church. (Same link as above – just scroll down page).
- Try our unique online Ceremony Planner to help you choose hymns and readings. You can even listen to hymns first.
- Read about the new law which means you now have more churches to choose from.
- For detailed guidance about the new Church of England Marriage Measures click here
You can marry in a CofE church if you can show:-
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents at any time after you were born or:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents
- was married in the Parish
And did you know…
- If you move house you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
- In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptisms, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
- Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we are always delighted if couples join us for services for six consecutive months at any time before the wedding. We expect one attendance per month. This has the great advantage of allowing a relationship to develop between the members of the congregation and the future husband and wife. Sometimes this becomes a permanent relationship
St Bartholomew’s Church
General enquiries to:
Minister In Charge:
The Revd. Preb. Pippa Thorneycroft
Tel: 01902 375523 email@example.com
Tel: 07970 869011
(Weddings. Baptisms etc.)
Find us on Facebook:
If you have visited us, for whatever reason, we would really appreciate it if you would visit our Facebook page and leave a comment, review or a picture or two!
Would You Like To Support Us?
The Tong Vision for 2020 and beyond has a target to raise £500,000 over the next 3 years in order to fund urgent and
essential restoration work, and to ensure that all visitors and congregations can continue to enjoy this unique building!
If you can offer your support either financially, in-kind or otherwise, please contact Revd Pippa Thorneycroft (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our JustGiving page by clicking the image, below.
At present there are no toilet facilities at Tong Church. For an organised tour and at weddings, baptisms and funerals as well as Sunday services, access to the Parish Hall (two minutes walk) is available. For concerts and fêtes we usually provide portaloos.
If you find it difficult to walk up the slope to church to attend services please let us know by sending someone ahead or Tel: 07970 869011 and we will provide assistance. We regret that we are unable to offer this support during the week for visitors.
St Bartholomew’s Church, Tong is committed to Safeguarding and has adopted the National and Diocesan Safeguarding Policies. Our Safeguarding Coordinator is Lisa and she can be contacted on 07535 159421.